- Help me, Father, to put people face to face with your Word.
- Make me a faithful proclaimer of the Good News.
- May I be an example, not a stumbling block, to others.
- Show through my life the blessed state of life in Christ.
- Keep me from speaking in generalities.
- Let my teaching be incisive, addressing directly people’s needs.
- Put people in my path to be reached by your grace.
- Prevent me from getting in the way of the working of your power.
- Give me a humble attitude, while showing certainty of my faith.
- Thank you for making me a part of your plan to save others.
Lord, how much we’re affected by negative thoughts and worldly conversations around us! How badly we turn to bitterness, anxiety, resentment, worry, and selfishness! Renew our minds daily. Put the word in front of us. Remind us that we have every reason to rejoice.
Thank you for the gift of forgiveness in Jesus Christ, meaning that we can enjoy your presence and blessing. Thank you for the gift of the spiritual family, who befriends us in Christ and prompts us to grow. Thank you for your gift of the Spirit, who dwells in us and produces that spiritual fruit which remains forever.
Help us to use our eyes and ears for spiritual gain. Help us to learn wisdom. Help us to see our neighbor’s need and hear the emptiness of his heart. Help us to speak that word of encouragement, that message of salvation, that he has yet to obey.
While the world rants about politics, corruption, and injustice, let us give example of righteousness, self-control, and honesty. Thank you for the possibility of doing this through your strength and character.
For parents, Father of us all, we pray,
That they might be like you, by grace display
The discipline of love, that true parental sign,
And train in Christ, with heavenly truth align. Continue reading