Our blessed Father in Heaven,
Make gratitude grow in my heart for all your mercies.
You’ve walked with me in all my difficult journeys.
My every need you’ve satisfied in time.
I had no want, for you remained the same.
In highs and lows, Lord, you’re my constant stay.
What consolation! Under my Rock I lie.
Thank you, O God! To you I give my worries.
In Jesus’ name. Amen.
So many needs have I, O Lord,
Not merely two or three.
Of all of these, I can’t afford
To lack humility.
I’d be like you, the Sorrowed Man,
Who bore my sins away.
Remind me how my life began:
I’m but unworthy clay.
I glory in your eternal Name,
In me no good resides.
Let me your holy promise claim,
To find a life that abides.
Heavenly Father, show me your love and power
Your child am I — created in your image
You know my needs, my every fear and pain
I trust in you — on you I wait in silence
Still my troubled heart and restless mind
Sustain me with your every promise kept
By day I search for you till setting sun
Your name upon my lips in dark of night
Thanks I give for what I have been given,
For what I’ll still receive — Whatever my want
I’ll not complain, but think of Jesus Christ,
Who walked the lonely road to Calvary’s tree.
O Lord God, I want so much!
I want a trusting heart,
A will that always chooses your commandments,
Faith that will not waver,
A mind absorbed with your truths,
A soul inhabited by your Spirit,
Lips that speak blessing,
Eyes that see the possibilities and opportunities,
Strength that will not break under pressure.
I want even more, O Father!
People who turn to you,
Glory for your unequalled name,
A day that is the best ever,
An hour alone in prayer and meditation,
Friends to walk beside me in your paths,
A family that honors Christ,
A congregation that carries your salvation to all,
A hope that never wavers,
Love to receive and more to share.
Can I dare to ask and receive it all?
Father, as we devote ourselves to prayer, let us not say only generalities, but share the specific needs of our heart and detailed requests for others.
Keep our faith from vagueness. Nail our love firmly to the ground of reality.
Just as the Lord Jesus came from heaven to live and move among us, plant us in the soil of human suffering and struggle to deal with the effects of sin.
As your agents of reconciliation, make our offer of salvation to be compelling and urgent.
May your redemption fill us and turn our mourning into joy.
We praise you for the blood of the cross and thank you for reaching us with the gospel.
Because of Immanuel, Amen.
Father, in the midst of confusion, bring us clarity.
When doubt appears, give us faith.
When ignorance rears its head, bring knowledge to bear.
With temptation, show us our escape.
When emotions flare, let peace descend upon us.
At the first sign of social pressure, let love for Christ prevail.
Worries would dog us daily, so let our prayers deliver them up to you.
Feelings of failure threaten to drag us down, but show us the fruit of spiritual labor.
When we feel weak, show us the power of your Holy Spirit.
Father of spirits and God of fulfilled plans, keep us from playing the negative “What-If” game. Help us to root out all forms of worry and anxiety.
Ground us in today, that we might live fully in this moment, knowing that you have set our future in the brightest terms. Open our eyes to possibilities and opportunities. Shut down our fears with your promise of blessing and joy.
Stand us upon those spiritual realities we possess. Reroute our thoughts away from needs and what is missing in our lives. The gospel is ours; let us endure privation with gratitude for participation in your mission.
May you be praised for your wonderful gift of life, which sets us in your glorious presence and turns us toward the heavenly hope.
Lord God, so many people in so many situations need your help.
- Those who often travel, for safety.
- Those who work in dangerous jobs or circumstances, for security.
- Those who suffer from disasters like hurricanes or earthquakes, for basic needs of shelter, food, and water.
- Those who must fend off oppressive thoughts and dark moods, for peace.
- Those who serve the public, for patience.
- Those who are employed in government or are elected to their position or have assumed power in some way, for justice.
- Those who often deal with the poor, the oppressed, or the excluded from society, for compassion.
- Those who are lonely, forgotten, or needy, for companionship.
- Those who struggle with addictions or are trapped in abusive relationships, for freedom.
- Those whose worth is tied to possessions and those who love money, for wholeness.
- Those who have no hope or who rest upon false expectations, for faith.
- Those who seek pleasure in this world or have seen its true end, for joy.
- Those who serve you in the gospel, for perseverance.
You are the God who can supply every need and offer every help. Rise up, O Lord, and let us all rejoice in your active goodness.
Lord, thank you for giving us work which provides for physical needs, gives us meaningful activity, and allows us to glorify you by our word and example.
- Help us to see more than a job, but a place to shine our light.
- Help us to give our best as we work not for man but for you.
- Help us to see the person behind the coworker, the client, the supplier, the supervisor, the customer, and the staff.
- Help us to show respect to all, to submit to authority, and to demonstrate professionalism and honesty in all our dealings.
- Help us to be on time, to keep our word, and to be trustworthy.
Thank you, heavenly Father, for making the curse of the sweat of the brow into a channel of blessing of salvation in Christ.
Lord, so much I have to ask of you! So much I want to see happen in my life and in the lives of others! So many needs that I think I have!
There is one request, out of them all, that I know you will answer positively. I confess to not knowing what will be best for me and mine. I cannot foresee the effects of what I ask. So I pray, Your will be done.
I pray this because I know that you will do what is best for us all. You seek to bless. You want to draw us near to you. So whatever I am asking, I pray that you will do everything according to your will.
And in your will I rest and find peace.
Save me, Lord, for I am weak,
Love me with your love undying,
Satisfy me with all I seek,
My deepest need in Christ supplying.
Cast me, Lord, your single net,
Use me for a soul’s salvation;
Honor my tears and blood and sweat,
To build on Christ’s secure foundation.