- Blanket your people with peace, O Lord, that we may live in quiet submission and glad thanksgiving.
- Remove from us those earthly and material things upon which we rely, so that we might depend wholly upon your grace and power.
- Bring us low in humility, as Jesus himself humbled himself, in order to be useful to the Kingdom.
- Jolt us from our comfortable routines and throw us out into the world of need.
- Fix before our eyes the single task of proclaiming Christ to a condemned mankind.
- Stir up our zeal for the truth of the gospel that we might know the Scriptures and guard your word in our hearts.
- Steer us away from sin and produce in us the holiness that permits us to see your face.
- Pour out your Spirit into our hearts that we might produce that holy and righteous fruit of all good things.
- Swell the ranks of reapers in the field of salvation, so that those who are ready to hear might have a message to respond to.
- Expose the lies of the evil one, so that the God who does not lie might be seen as the Savior and Sovereign of all.
Lord God and Father of my soul,
- Save me from the wiles of the evil one, especially when mind and body are sluggish.
- Open my eyes to opportunity, my heart to love, my mind to understanding of your will.
- Help my tongue to speak words of grace, patiently, lovingly, seasoned with salt.
- Focus my energies on positive, redeeming activities that promote your kingdom.
- Raise up new evangelists and teachers who will help others understand your will and motivate them to holiness and whole-hearted devotion.
Be glorified in me, O God.
God of truth, keep us from making oaths and promises, so that we will not have to choose later between breaking them or doing wrong by keeping them. Continue reading
O LORD God, our dear Father in heaven, we give thanks on this new day for the very gift of life that ignites our otherwise lifeless mortal bodies. Continue reading
Heavenly Father, you are patient, that we might repent and find salvation. Let us not tire in our service to you. Let us be glad to show mercy. Let our truth be laced with love. Let us be always willing to bear with others.
The Lord Jesus did not waver in his purpose. Give us the same steady sight in doing your will. Continue reading
Our heavenly Father,
Let us jettison what divides, embrace what unites, rejoice in the Cross which reconciles.
Let us hear what others say, test all things, prove the spirits, seek after truth.
Let us value silence, know the power of words, use the influence of a good example in the imitation of Christ. Continue reading