- Help me, Father, to put people face to face with your Word.
- Make me a faithful proclaimer of the Good News.
- May I be an example, not a stumbling block, to others.
- Show through my life the blessed state of life in Christ.
- Keep me from speaking in generalities.
- Let my teaching be incisive, addressing directly people’s needs.
- Put people in my path to be reached by your grace.
- Prevent me from getting in the way of the working of your power.
- Give me a humble attitude, while showing certainty of my faith.
- Thank you for making me a part of your plan to save others.
Give me today, O Lord, a soul to teach,
A lost and wayward soul to lead to the light,
A helpless soul with eternal need to reach,
A soul to love, with the strength of Jesus’ might.
John Gipson writes, “Isn’t Jesus to be trusted? If we cannot rely on His words, when it comes to prayer, can we trust Him in anything else?”
Read his article here.
Justin shares a good deal on his blog about prayer, especially, for and by the disabled. His posts on the subject are worthy of careful reflection. Check out his prayer category here.
O God, make your Word meet the needs of the heart as we read it in our groups and classes, as we hear it in sermons and readings, so that we are humbled before you and submit to your will revealed in Scripture. Continue reading
Lord, let me listen with all my faculties to your word, that I might practice it fully.
Let me also listen with focused attention to those around me.
By listening to both, help me to bring those I hear to listen to you. Amen.